Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Persuaders response

"The Persuaders" begins by questioning the increase in the amount of advertising we typically encounter in our daily lives. How would you assess the amount of advertising you see? Too much? Too little? Just right? In your view, what difference does it make to know that people today see much more advertising in their daily lives than people 20 or 30 years ago?

I think the amount of advertising one sees depends upon their lifestyle. The more time you spend on the internet, watching T.V., traveling, etc., the more advertisements you will encounter. I think I see more advertisements when I am at home than when I'm at school. I think our society is flooded with advertisements and organizations are constantly pushing a new idea or product. I tend to watch more T.V. at home so I encounter numerous advertisements in commercials. I also drive more while I'm home so I am constantly seeing signs and billboards for new items and services and hearing advertisements on the radio. On campus, I often see flyers for different events, clubs, and more. We also get menus and flyers from local businesses and restaurants who are trying to attract the nearby students. Overall, I think I would say the amount of advertisement I encounter at school is just right, but the amount I experience at home is a little excessive. I'm not surprised that we see more advertisements now than 20 or 30 years ago because it is just the natural progression and expansion of society and technology. There are more companies and businesses out there now and more mediums to send out advertisements through. I also think that people buy more now than they used to so advertisements must be pretty effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment